Sunday, January 3, 2010

Julie / Julia Movie

Synopsis
In 1949, Julia Child's is in Paris, the wife of a diplomat, wondering how to spend her days. She tries hat making, bridge, and then cooking lessons at Cordon Bleu. It's there she discovers her passion. In 2002, Julie Powell, underemployed and a failed novelist, about to turn 30, decides to cook her way through "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" in a year and to blog about it. These stories intertwine of two women learning to cook and finding success. Sympathetic, loving husbands support them both, and friendships, too, add zest.

Julia Child and Julie Powell - both of whom wrote memoirs - find their lives intertwined. Though separated by time and space, both women are at loose ends... until they discover that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, anything is possible.




I found this to be a charming and engaging movie, I watched it with my 14 year old niece, my mother in law, and my partner.

So that is an age range from 14 to 66.

We all loved it, thought it was great!
So needless to say, I wont listen to the critics, Amy held her own, I don't get the whole Amy couldn't act along side of Meryl, I love Meryl but they were in two different eras and doing two different things, they didn't act in the same scenes. Bravo to both actresses!

I suggest that if you have not seen this movie to give it a try.

No comments: