Monday, November 3, 2008

Thoughts From Lee

Bell Ringers

A personal note from Lee:

This Holiday season please don't forget those who may be less fortunate than yourself. Homeless, Children, Poor, needy, these are all people who live in our neighborhoods, communities, and are a part of us all. When you go into your local store and you see someone ringing a bell for money, drop them a dime, nickle or penny even, they all add up. I counted people who walked through our local Walmart one Saturday, and got over 10,000 people, now imagine if each gave a nickle to help the needy. Anyone doing the math? 500.00; for a soup kitchen it would feed thousands, for hundreds of children a toy, for a service man or woman away from home this Holiday season a box of cookies... the lists are endless. Also please don't forget the food banks. You may have extra food you dont need, or like, you can give that, just because you wont eat it doesnt mean that someone else wont. I know I would donate all of my green peas if I could...not so fond of them, but you know I did fill a brown bag full of non green pea items this past week and I hope that it was just one of thousands received. See what you can do to help in your community.

Happy Holidays All,

Lee

No comments: